All cancellations must be made in writing to be accepted and processed.
General Cancellation Timelines (excluding Canal Headgates Buildings, Picnic Pavilions, and Eubank Blanchard Center)
- If the event is cancelled within 24 hours of contract signing, 100% of payment is returned.
- If cancellation is 120 days or more prior to event, 100% of payment minus an administrative fee (varies by venue, please consult the Venue Rental Packet for the venue you are interested in) is refunded.
- If cancellation is 60-119 days prior to event, fifty percent (50%) of rental fee is lost.
- If the event is cancelled 2-59 days prior to event, the entire rental fee is lost, the damage deposit will be refunded.
- If contract signing is less than 60 days prior to the event, a 24 hour grace period is offered. After that all existing cancellation deadlines apply.
- Any cancellations will require the Renter to immediately publicize the cancellation at the Renter’s expense.
- The Columbia County Rental Facilities & Venues Department reserves the right to cancel any event that has been misrepresented, is publicly offensive, or does not comply with venue rental rules. The event can be cancelled at any time, even if the event has already begun.
- If an event has to be cancelled or interrupted due to a catastrophe or dangerous situation, the first available date will be offered to the Renter at no additional fee. If a new date is not available or accepted, no refund will occur.
*Cancellation Policies stated above are subject to change. For full details regarding each venue’s cancelation policy, please consult the Venue Rental Packet for a specific venue.
Venue Rental Packets
Prices, Rules, Procedures, & Contracts
Canal Headgates Buildings, Millhouse, & Picnic Pavilions Rental Packet
Rules, Procedures, & Contracts
Races, Walks, and Fundraisers
Rules, Procedures, & Contract
General Venue Rental Packet
Rules, Procedures, Contract Packet
Example Floor Plans
Not sure where to start with your floor plan? View and download some examples.
Columbia County Exhibition Center
Halls A & B
Meeting Rooms (1, 2, & 3 combined)
Savannah Rapids Pavilion / Park & Canal Headgates
Grand Rapids Ballroom
Combination (White Oak, Sycamore, Mulberry)
Dance Pavilion (Historic Canal Headgate Building)
The Do's and Don'ts of Decorating. Don't see your item listed? Contact us.
Scotch, Duck, Masking, or other tapes, besides ScotchBlue Painter's Tape
Nails, Tacks, or Staples
Glue Dots, Command Strips, or Glue
Exposed, Open Flames
Pyrotechnics, Sparklers, or Fireworks
Glitter or Streamers
Mylar or Paper Confetti
Birdseed (Inside Venue)
No Fog or Bubble Machines
No Hay or Straw
Balloons Released Outside
Turkey or Deep Fryer
Loose Feathers or Beads
Loose Sand or Pebbles
Please note movable partition walls may not be moved during your event.
Biodegradable Confetti (Outside Only)
Biodegradable Wedding Rice (Outside Only)
Enclosed Candles (below the rim of enclosure)
Fake Rose Petals (Inside Only)
Biodegradable, Real Rose Petals (Outside Only)
Whole Flower Arrangements
Balloons (weighted and tethered)
Various Lighting Options, if not interfering with fire safety regulations